Thursday, February 16, 2017

Week 21


Hi everyone! 

Good week out here in Houston! Lots of canceled appointments this week so Elder Thompson and I spent a lot of time knocking doors and talking to everybody. It has been a long week searching for those that the Lord has prepared to hear this message. Finding is the most important part of missionary work. With out finding, we do not do anything! We can't teach and we can't baptize if we don't spend time finding. As a missionary, I have a love hate relationship with finding, but I am working on having an only love relationship with it. So keep that in your prayers for me. hahaha! The only 2 lessons we taught were on my bday, so it was like a bday miracle and we got 3 new people to teach that day.

This week was my 1st birthday in the mission, so that was awesome! Not gonna lie, I forgot it was my birthday until my comp scared me after I got dressed by screaming Happy Birthday with balloons and noise makers and a party hat that my grandparents sent me! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! Then my district sang happy bday to me at our meeting. The Hermana's made me a little card. I had a great bday here in the mission! I got many gifts and I am so thankful that people remembered me! 
Some guy I talked to offered me the largest beer I have ever seen! It was crazy big! Like as big as my head and I've got a huge head. He also thought I was older than he was and he was 35! I guess even shaving everyday, I still look old!

Don't even get me started on shaving! If I hated it before I left on my mission, I hate it even more now!!! hahah! I got an electric razor while out here and that has been the biggest blessing! 

I have been doing this Book of Mormon challenge. It is called the Doctrine of Christ scripture reading. The Doctrine is Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost/Spirit and the last is Endure to the End. So you pick a color for everyone of those points - mine is faith=orange repentance=red, baptism blue, yellow is spirit and then green is Endure to the End. So what you do is only mark the scriptures that have to do with the Doctrines of Christ. It is such a fun challenge. I started it Feb 1st and I just started Jacob this morning.  So just get one of the little copies the missionaries pass around and on the front cover make a little key and then go for it! It is a great challenge! My Book of Mormon is so colorful! :) 

We had the great opportunity this week to have Elder Zwick come to our mission and do a zone conference with us! That was so amazing! He taught us so many things on how to better the mission! SIMPLIFY INTENSIFY and TESTIFY - that was his message. Then sat down at my table and ate lunch with us! That was such a blessing! He talked to everyone of us and asked about our home towns and something about us! He then went on to remember our names and call on us out in the second session of the conference. That was such a treat! 

Supposed to go to the temple with Yolanda this week. Will be working on Family History with her. Praying we get to go!

I love the gospel! There is nothing better than it! I love serving!  Nothing better then wearing the black plaque and having my name and the Lords right there with me! 

We all can do hard things!! All you gotta do is ask for a little help and the Lord will always help! I can promise that!
I love you all 
Elder McKeon

Birthday selfie!
 Birthday tradition staying strong here in Texas! Thanks for sending my birthday poster!
Birthday lunch - I made myself! Rice and chicken is all I eat! Yes Elder Thompson is praying...whoops! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment