Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week 48 - Hurricane Harvey


Hey Everyone! So ya, Elder McKeon here! 

Hurricane Harvey survivor! Well currently hurricane Harvey endurer cuz its still going on hahaha! This week has been one for the books in my life, hahah! Harvey hit as a category 4 hurricane just south of our mission. The rain is so intense. The word is stronger than I have ever seen. It rains sideways! hahaha! 
We have, as an entire mission, been stuck in our apartments for the last 4 days! Some missionaries have been moved to other apartment and others to member's homes. Elder Cass and I have been able to stay in our apartment. Our complex has really good run off, so we are not flooded, just every street around us. You all can only imagine how bored we have been just sitting there doing nothing hahaha! I have almost finished reading the New Testament. We have been on conference calls with our mission president every day and he has been giving us updates on the Storm and what's to come in the next coming days! He also has been letting us know that we need to be ready to help rebuild Houston! So I guess you can say I am way ready for that! Sorry for the short email! Gotta be quick! 

I love you all! 
Elder McKeon 

PS don't worry I am okay no flooding immediately around me so I am okay! Others all around the area are not okay, so please send your prayers their way! 
PSS Our mission President is being evacuated from his home as I write this. Frustrating to just sit here and do nothing! I'm sure there will be a lot for us to do whiniest over. I think my mission has just changed to a service mission. 




Stuck in the apartment complex office 
See, no flooding on our complex
The sky lit up by Lightning
Elder McKeon - Hurricane Ready
Our fridge full of water
Planner covers














No comments:

Post a Comment