Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 49 - Hurricane Surviver

Hurricane Harvey Survivor!! 

Hey party people, 

It's Wreck It Ralph!!! Oh wait sorry... It's Elder McKeon. I confuse myself and him sometimes because of what I have been doing for the last week! 

I have just been destroying houses since Wednesday and Oh man, I love it! I don't love wrecking peoples homes because it is really sad, but man do I love wrecking their homes, getting rid of the water damage. hahaha! This last week we have been going out all day, helping people with their homes. We have been tearing down dry wall, ripping up floors, kicking out doors...You name it and I have done it! I love to work and sweat! Oh baby, no AC in the houses and rotting mold everywhere! Dirty work! Nothing is more rewarding right now! The people are in need of help. It is mass destruction. Where we are is bad, but it is bad everywhere. Houston is still under water in a lot of places.

Our schedule has changed a bit. We just wake up and go out. We don't exercise during this time, got plenty of exercise doing what we are doing. We still read the scriptures and study. Ya it's awesome. I finished the New Testament last night and started Doctrine and Covenants today.

 On Sunday, we had church at 8 am and it was only sacrament meeting. We all showed up in service clothes cuz right after the meeting, we went out and helped the people! Our district right now looks like a straight construction crew! It is so awesome! 
I think we have helped take apart like 7 houses at this point. hahaha All we do is go to one house, help them, finish there, then we just walk the streets seeing who needs our help! Trust me when I say this, everyone needs our help! It is not hard to find someone. It's so funny cuz the members are always like Holy Cow, these white boys know how to work.

 My most exciting moment was we were waiting on an insurance guy to come look at the house before we started wrecking it. The insurance guy walked in and looked at me and said to me "Do you live in this house?" I said no and he looks around the house again, looks at me and goes "Gut it to the ceiling" I cant even explain how giddy I got. I was like a  little school girl! haha! I have loved it, never been so sore in my life, but it is so worth it! I am so happy to see that we are making a difference. Service is definitely God's work!
I love ya'll!
Thank you for all of your prayers!
Elder McKeon



Service Selfie
Our District and some volunteers- Yellow shirt power!
Me holding a iron bar while it got sharpened so I could rip up the floor
 Me after a day of work 
all our boots after a long day of work 
Me with my tool of choice - a nice sledge hammer 



No comments:

Post a Comment