Thursday, September 28, 2017

Week 52! ONE YEAR!!

Hi everyone! 
Great week this week of missionary work! 

This week we did a lot of  "doing everything the Spirit prompted us to do" and was that awesome! We went and saw a lot of less actives that we had not seen in a long time. We were taken there at the right time and they were home and let us come share a message with them! All I could say this week was "Man I freaking love the Spirit!" 

Yup, it kind of just hit me that I have been out on the mission for a whole year! Man how time flies! I have loved serving! I have loved being out here through the hard and easy times. It has been one of the biggest blessings I have had. 

Great story from the week was Elder Cass and I were out giving flyers to a neighborhood that got hit by flooding and this lady, not very nicely, goes can I help you? And I say, Yes actually were the local missionaries and we are going around offering help to those whose houses were damaged during the flood. In just those simple words her attitude towards us changed. She then said oh my goodness I need help my house, it got flooded. She took us to her house and explained how she needs help and the areas in her house that were damaged. After that she was just so nice to us. It made me chuckle how someone who has a hardened heart can have it softened by a simple offer of help! I love it! 
I love you all! 
Elder McKeon ​
Just a silly picture of Elder Cass and I on the bus~



From President Hall: We felt like it would only be appropriate to remember the Mormon Helping Hands efforts post Hurricane Harvey. We even had one of the office staff sister missionaries make matching headbands to keep the sweat out of our eyes. The missionaries have put in a lot of physical work and we are grateful to balance it with our spiritual efforts as well. We are blessed to be in the Great THSM!
Jr is 2nd row on the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment