Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 54

Hi everyone! 

Man has this been a fun week! But first off I will be getting transferred. I am super sad to be leaving.  I have loved this area and the ward. I really enjoy the missionaries I have around me and the members. We have worked along side each other in some not great circumstances. Plus, we just started getting the area on the upward motion and now I am heading out. I really do not want to leave this area but I guess the Lord needs me elsewhere.
I will be going to the country. I'm going to this area called Brazoria! I don't know a lot about it or anything. haha! From what I hear it's more country than where I am now! It should be an exciting change since I have been in the city most of my mission! My companion is Elder Smith. I don't know him but a lot of my elders have served around him and said he is awesome. I am way excited! 


But, man this week was fun and great!  We taught Toni 2 times this week and he is on date to be baptized on November 11th. Then Arturo's baby was blessed in church on Sunday. That was even more awesome! Happy that he is getting baptized too!

This week Sister Hall took our district to lunch bcuz, like I said last week, we won the PMG challenge. We went to this burrito place that was sooo good!
On Saturday we had a ward activity and, oh man, was that insane! It was fiesta de hispanidad, so it was basically a celebration of being hispanic. They had all this crazy (some delicious, some Not so delicious) food and these dances and a fashion show showing off the fancy dresses from their state in Mexico! We also had a bunch of the ward members up there singing and it was just so awesome!

Also I met my minnie me. His name is Javier and his dad is one of the Sisters investigators. I met him at the ward activity and he is the man. He looks exactly how i did when i was 7!

Such a good week! A good week to leave on! I love the work and the people I have served here in Sunny side!!

Love you all 
Elder McKeon

When you become friends with dogs in the street they follow you for the rest of the day ​​​


One of my favorite families in this area John and Carolina. They are the family that got me food and insulin during the hurricane. So grateful to them.
 My District ( one of my favorite districts, so sad to leave) 
Pictures with the Bishop's family

Arturo and me! Happy that he is getting baptized.

 
The ward party!
Some young men in the ward Ben and Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment