Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Week 55

My people what is happening!


Crazy changes with my new area. For starters this area is the biggest area in the mission! We cover over 12 towns, ya 12 towns! Our area covers 3 English ward boundaries. It is insane! The best part of it all is Elder Smith has only been here for 4 weeks and those 4 weeks were spent doing service. We both pretty much have the same amount of knowledge of the area. In mission terms were basically white washing (which means 2 new missionaries in an area with no knowledge of it) Elder Smith is awesome. 

 This last week has been hard! We are trying to learn the area as we go teaching people! We are in a branch of about 20 people, ya only 20 people!!! We cover a massive area. So we are gonna be working hard. 

This week was Stake Conference which was really cool! We got a call on Wednesday for us to translate conference and I'm like, holy cow, that is gonna be hard. So we practiced and then we show up and the people go, oh we do not need you to do it. Well okay but we were there if we needed to do it! 

Also everyone in this area compliments me on my Spanish! One of our less actives who is from Puerto Rico was talking with me and she said Are you from Mexico City? I was like no I'm American. Then she goes "oh well you look like you are from Mexico" and then says how my Spanish was so good she thought I was from Mexico. That is a good feeling! 

The hard part about this area is that everyone here works in the massive chemical plants. They all come and work for a little bit and then they leave. Its hard to find people to teach because most of them are not here long enough to be taught so that is a struggle. We're gonna continue working hard though! Excited for this new adventure.
Love you all! 
Elder McKeon 




guacamole elder smith and i made
Hermana Cardosa and I before she left to go back home!  
Me and Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment