Thursday, November 30, 2017

Week 61

Man I've lost count of weeks! 
Time is just flying by! 

Well to begin Happy Thanksgiving to all! Crazy to believe it was my second Thanksgiving in the mission field. Last Thanksgiving we were fighting to find a meal appointment and then this year we had 2!!! The first one was with a member from the English ward and it was wonderful! Then we went and had dinner with one of the members from our Spanish ward. I really loved going to the English ward members house, but man did I just feel a little uncomfortable.  It was not my element. So thankful they invited us. After we went to the Hispanic family's trailer and man was I much happier and felt more in my element! 


Also I am officially a dad! (Which means I am training a new missionary) He is great and we have had a lot of fun together! This morning though he walked out in a Giants shirt so I had to throw on my Dodgers shirt to let everyone know that even though my trainee steps outside wearing garbage, we at least have some dignity in the family! Elder Tuia's from NorCal.  It is crazy cuz he was in Honduras for 11 months and then went home for 6 months or so and then he came back to this mission. He has a lot of things that he did in Honduras that we don't do here. So it is kind of harder to train him then it would be a newbie cuz I have to break him of all the old things he did and train him again with how we do missionary work here. I  can't mold him right off the bat I have to break the mold then re mold! If that is a thing! 
Funny thing! He snores louder than I do!! Good times!

I got a phone now! Thanks mom and dad! We are an electronic mission now. It's very exciting to be able to have so much LDS content at our finger tips! We can share so many videos and messages right away. Super cool!

Cool thing! One of Maddie's friends is in my district! Sister Calder. So funny! Small world!

We got a referral from the Sisters in our district and so we went by and we talked to the guy. He tells us how he wants a Book of Mormon but he only has 5 minutes to talk. So we do a quick Book of Mormon introduction with him and then after we do that, he goes on to tell us he wants us to send him versus and videos so he can read and watch the videos during the week! His name is Galos! 
Also we got our investigator Carlos on date for baptism for the 30 of Dec! In the middle of the lesson goes I know this church is of God and that the Book of Mormon is of God, so that's why I'm preparing to be baptized on the 30 of Dec. I was like Shoot heck Ya Carlos Lets go! 
So keep Carlos and Galos in your prayers! 
I love you all 
Elder McKeon
This is Elder Tuia and me
When your comp's sunglasses break, you take a goofy pic with them. I look like Napoleon Dynamite! I need a haircut!
Maddie's friend



No comments:

Post a Comment