Monday, November 6, 2017

Week 58

Hi Everyone! 

This has been another crazy week here in Brazoria! 

Tuesday, we had Zone Conference so that was as always super great! We talked about one of my favorite scriptures 3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. 
That was super awesome! I love the Book pf Mormon. Right now I'm doing a study where I highlight every time it mentions the Savior and man is it awesome!

Then, on Wednesday, we got to help one of the Sister's recent converts paint her house. I love service, so that was fun! 

On Friday, we were able to go out and help clean up another house, which we all know how much! I really do love doing that! 

Saturday was a great day! All of Elder Smith and my plans fell through. We were sitting in a gas station parking lot and I had this feeling... let's go to Freeport. We had 2 referrals that lived there and 2 potential investigators. So off we went to Freeport. We try one of the referrals and set up an appointment with them. Then, we had this potential investigator.  We had tried them before, but we never got an answer. I said this is the last time we try their door. So we go up and knock the door and it opens! Before we can get hola out of our mouths, the lady tells us to come in and sit down. We start talking and this women and her husband have been taught by missionaries before. So I ask what do you remember of the message we share and she says, All of it! hahaha! I'm like, shoot okay, and she says, we were reading in the Book of Mormon, the first book is called Nephi right? So Elder Smith and I are super pumped about that! They remember it! Then she tells us how she wants us to come over and teach the whole family, mom, dad and 4 daughters! We are going back this week to have a lesson with the whole family! It is gonna be awesome! Super pumped!!

We also got a surprise text from President Friday morning telling us we were going to be moving on Monday. So we have been running around around trying to get everything done. My new address is 102 Oyster Bend Ln, Lake Jackson Tx 77566. We will be living with an older lady in the back part of her house. It's a really nice place.

It has been a crazy week! I love the work! It is the best! 
Oh also I got to drive in an 18 wheeler and let me tell you, that was awesome! Our branch President drives big rigs. We were at his house and he took us for a rid because he had to move one of the rigs from one place to another on his property. Man that was a cool experience! 

I love you all!
Have a great week!
Elder McKeon 



Video from Zone Conference:
https://www.facebook.com/THETHSM/videos/1968187196772594/

Zone Conference

When you're using deathly chemicals to clean the oven... 
When your moving so you have to eat with those things cuz everything else is packed .
Elder Smith's aunt sent him that magnet. The fridge is a cool place for the name tags too!
Branch President's trucking company 
The road while were on the big rig

No comments:

Post a Comment