Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 18


So hey everybody! 

Last week of my second transfer coming up! Been here for almost 13 weeks! 
Transfers are every 6 weeks. This transfer was 7 though because of scheduling. You are usually in an area for 2-4 transfers, so I could possibly be leaving this area at the end of this week. I will know this Saturday. Time is flying by. I am almost out of training, yeah!! That is so fun! This week has been a crazy week! Pday was good, just went out and talked with a bunch of people after our chores, shopping, laundry etc. Best part go the Pday is the emailing part of the day! 

Tuesday we had interviews with President Hall at the mission home in Sugar Land. No car accidents this time! :) President gives us topics that he is going to talk about before every interview. Our last one was about Preach my Gospel and our studies. President Hall reminds me of Elder Bednar. He is very loving and very strong. He helps you because he loves you.  He can have fun when he needs to but is also firm and strong when he needs to be! That is great!

 We had a lesson with Yolanda. (She is getting baptized this Saturday at 5:00 - keep her in your prayers). We had the lesson with La Familia Suarez. And man, oh man, was that lesson crazy good!!! Yolanda pretty much released every question she has ever had and the Hno (Brother) and Hna (Sister) Suarez answered them better and made it more clear then we could have. It was amazing. Member missionary work is awesome!! 

Then Wednesday we had a kitchen explosion. We were doing dishes and the hot water knob blew up off the sink... it was nuts! So we had boiling hot water just shooting out like a geyser. We threw a pan over the top and tried to find out how to turn off the hot water. We could not find out how to turn it off. We ran to the apartment office and so it turns out that our hot water is connected to the laundry room right next to our apartment. So that is why the water is so boiling hot! We got it all fixed and got a new sink. crazy!

After that adventure, we went to the temple and had a great day with my zone! We get to go to the temple, hopefully every quarter. I love it there! 

This week has been way too much fun! I love it here! 

The rains have been crazy! Friday, the day the rain was the worst, my bike tire popped so we had to walk in the rain all the way back to the apartment!  So crazy! ahhahaa 
But this week has been amazing and I am so excited for another opportunity for a baptism coming my way! The Lord prepares his children, We (you and me) just have to not be afraid to open our mouths and share it! 
I love you all!
Elder McKeon



Look at my good cooking skills! 

Bomb lunch! The biggest meal of the day! Don't usually have dinner appointments.
I asked my comp Elder Thompson to draw me a bear and this is what I got! Impressive!
The tripanionship at the Houston temple!
When your bikes brakes again! - you all gotta sit down and take the time to fix it.
Here's a better picture of me and my stupid bike tire!
A picture of my newest investigator- his name is Coco and he has a baptismal date for February 11th.
He has a problem with the Word of Wisdom, but we will be able to work through it. I know we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment