Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 14

Hi!!!
Happy New Year!
So this week has been way cool! We have been doing a lot of finding and we have found bunch of people! We have found three new investigators this week who all show a lot of really good potential. 2 of them are from Honduras and the other is from El Salvador. The one from El Salvador is a security guard at one of the complex's that we find in. He waved us down and talked to us about learning more. He is so sweet. We are trying to find a way to teach his whole family. For the last 2 lessons we have taught him at the complex he works at cuz he is there all the time. We plan on setting up a lesson with him on Thursday, his day off so we can teach his wife and 2 daughters. Our other 2 investigators are these 2 ladies we talked to in the complex and they are super cool. They have a big family so we are hoping to teach the whole family instead of just the 2 of them. 

New Years was way good! Stayed up till 10 and celebrated New York time and then went to bed. I felt like an old man going to bed at 10, but man did I need it. The streets were poppin  on New Years! Fireworks, parties and lot of drunks - My favorite combo haha.

The ukulele is way fun! I love it so much! haha I am learning how to play and it is way fun. it isn't to hard. It is pretty nice actually. Please send me some hymns and I'll print them off. 

No pictures this week. Camera died and I didn't have any batteries. sorry!  After this we are gonna play basketball and than we have 3 lessons tonight all with great potential new investigators. We have 2 members coming with us for those so that should be great. Spanish is coming along really well. I am really focusing hard on it! And really putting my head down. My comprehension skills are a lot better than my speaking, but I am working on it.  We are really making sure we have enough time for language study every day.
This week has been a good week in the field. I love the mission, would not want to be anywhere else.
Thanks for all of the Christmas wishes!
I love you all
Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment