Friday, April 7, 2017

Week 27


Hey Everyone!!!! 

Well Houston is crazy! Wednesday we had a crazy storm for about an hour and then it stopped and was a million degrees. So all of you that know me, know I hated the heat and humidity. 

But this week was super crazy! We found 2 new investigators, moved and spent all weekend watching General conference! 

One of our new investigators we found is the wife of a less active member. We found him through his mom who is from California. She is her in Texas for a month and called us asking where the church building is. We told her and set up an appointment with her to visit. We get to the apartment and find out it is her son's apartment. He is less active and his EXTREMELY pregnant wife is not a member. We were able to teach them twice this week and she is super awesome! Like a very near and dear movie close to my heart once said "Mother knows best" And that mother knew that it was best for her son to have the missionaries over to teach her son and Daughter in law. 

Then on Friday we moved and man was that crazy!!!! I hope to never have to do that again! Our new apartment is very nice and we are still trying to put it all together! The only bad thing is that the microwave does not match the decor of the kitchen, but I will try my best to not let that bother me to much! haha! My new address is 5515 Dashwood Dr. Houston TX 

 General Conference weekend was super fun! One of my favorite things from conference was how in the Saturday session the Prophet and Elder Nelson were wearing grey suits, not the same boring black ones! I loved it!! Also, my favorite quote was from President Uchtdorf from priesthood session, He said " You can not power launch into eternal glory" Conference as a missionary is wayyyy different than being a normal member. Everything seems to ring more true with me and so that is super awesome!  A scripture I read this morning in personal study that if i could go back in time and put this scripture on my plaque I would! It is in the book of Alma Chapter 56: 47-48, 
It says "47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it. 
For everyone reading those versus really read them and dissect them. These 2000 stripling warriors are the perfect example to all missionaries! We may not be going to an actual war, but we are going on a spiritual one; sharing the gospel.  For me personally, I know I was taught by my mother to put all my trust in the Lord and he will deliver me.
 Some days are a lot harder than others but you gotta not doubt the Lord and keep pushing forward. I know he will deliver me in my work! This is also just a shout out to how awesome my mother is! She is definitely a stripling soldier mom!  *

I love you all
Elder McKeon 
Also check out the new easter campaign video 
#PrincipeDePaz

*Yes this mother cried her eyes out when reading this and again when trying to add it to this blog! My heart is full of love for my valiant missionary son!


The new apartment! Gotta lot of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment