Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Week 36


What is up everyone!!! 

Well after a short 7 months in the same area I am being transferred. Ya me voy! I never thought this day would come but it has. I am going to an area called Sunny side and I am super excited for this new experience! My new companion's name is Elder Simpson. I don't know much about him, just that he goes home very soon. Sad to be leaving this area, but ready to start the next adventure of the mission. Leidy Splenda (my soccer mom van) does not come with me. I will say my parting words to her today, but I am going to a car area that bikes a lot. I like the bike, makes talking to people so much easier. Super pumped for a new area and we get a super nice apartment too. I guess the area is pretty ghetto, so lots of humble people to share the glad message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with. 

This last week was good and bad. 
Tuesday we got a call from our zone leaders asking if we could go help a lady move some things around and we said, of course. Well, we get there and we weren't just moving things around, we were moving her out of her apartment and she was not packed at all! So that was an interesting afternoon. We were there from 3 to 9:30pm and than back again on Wednesday from 7 to 10 in the morning. It was super annoying because we had to cancel all of our appointments for the afternoon because she had to be out by Wednesday morning at 11 or something like that. So we were moving things and getting stuff going. She was grateful for us to come and help, but man was that stressful.

I went on exchanges with the zone leaders this week so that was fun. I was with Elder Jeronimo. He and I are brothers in the mission because our "dad" is Elder Thompson (dad means trainer) so that was a lot of fun being with him. He is from Mexico and is was funny because the language stuff. I was helping him learn the rules of Spanish cuz he speaks it but doesn't know a lot of the rules. And he helped me with my Spanish Spanish and I helped him with the rules. We had a great day doing service on the prairie, basically we did yard work!

It also rained quite a bit this week and so for most of the days I was soaking wet. Biking in the rain is the most fun thing I have ever done. hahaha.
I don't know if you can pick up some sarcasm there but ya we were wet. The worst part of it all was that it was still hot while raining, so ya, that is super gross! Sweat plus rain! Yum!

Also big congratulations to my cousin Abby on getting married! That is super cool! I appreciate the invite and I really wanted to be there. President said I could go if a member took me, but none of the members were willing to drive to Utah. ;) But congratulations! 
All the pictures are from members of the ward! Awesome Members and I am going to miss them! 
The church is true! I love my time here as a missionary! 
Love you all!
Elder McKeon

 Elder Jeronimo and I doing service
Selfies with Freddy! Made the three biggest guys squish in the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment